The recent launch of the wearable camera -the GoPro Hero7 Black includes a major streaming feature update. Due to requests from many customers around the world the Hero7 Black, Hero 8 and Hero 9, now includes a custom RTMPS live streaming feature which supports Incendium’s secure live streaming platform called incidentshare.com™.
This means that the GoPro Hero now will let you live stream directly to our secure streaming site called incidentshare™.com as well as other services that works with an RTMPS URL.
It requires a Wi-Fi network in order to work but you can easily use the Stream Pack™ mini to create a secure personal hotspot and through that, the GoPro can stream at 480p or 720p.
GO live with your GoPro in 3 minutes
If you already own a GoPro HERO7 camera and want to test how the live stream works to a secure backchannel all you need to do is to follow this simple guide and right now we offer a 30-day free trial :
- Go to our Incidentshare.com site
- Create an account – you’ll get a 30-day free trial period
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network or your personal hotspot. Your camera must be connected to a Wi-Fi network or a personal hotspot in order to stream live video to the IncidentShare portal.
- Go to your “Getting Started” page on your IncidentShare site – You need to type the rtmp string in one minute so hang on to the information.
- Open the GoPro app and select Live from preview mode.
- Tap the Facebook icon to change your platform and select Other.
- Tap Set Up Live and enter or paste your IncidentShare RTMP URL in the required field.
- Choose your preferred resolution (480 or 720).
- Choose your save settings (you can save a high-res version of your stream to your SD card).
- Tap Go Live or press the Shutter button to start streaming.
- Switch over to the IncidentShare app or website to see your and check your stream.
TIP: If you leave the resolution at 720p, GoPro will adjust it to a lower resolution automatically if the signal strength weakens.
PRO TIP: The IncidentShare live streaming platforms enables a persistent key which allows you to use the same RTMP URL each time you stream.
2020 UPDATE: This streaming capability works with the new GoPro Hero 8!
Stream encrypted video
via RTMPS protocol
RTMPS is a secure variation of RTMP that use extra encryption to ensure that the stream is not intercepted by an unauthorized entity (also know as a man-i-the-middle attack). The extra layer of security in RTMPS can be either TSL or SSL encryption.